PREVENT RADIO SILENCE
With tools such as two-way messaging, fleet managers can ensure that any job is successfully completed by clearly conveying directions to their drivers, quickly addressing any issues, and confidently responding to customer enquiries. These messages are instantly sent between the dispatcher's computer and the driver's in-vehicle device, creating an unbroken line of communication.
MESSAGES COVER WIDE-RANGING NEEDS
DIRECTOR allows drivers and dispatchers to send each other text updates through the in-vehicle tablet. There are three types of messages in DIRECTOR: text messages, form messages, and Route To messages.
- Canned text messages are programmed in the system and cover the basics, such as “Return to Base” or “Call Home.”
- The text message feature also supports 400 typed characters for ad-hoc instructions.
- Route To messages send an address straight to a driver’s map.
- For complex jobs, DIRECTOR allows dispatchers to send drivers step-by-step instructions via form messages.
- Forms can detail an invoice, an intricate job order, specific delivery directions, and more.
- These forms can be linked, so that when one is completed, the driver automatically receives the next one.