Vehicle tracking is about so much more than locating vehicles and assets on a map or planning fuel-efficient routes. While it certainly helps fleet managers to control costs, the truth is that vehicle tracking should be an integral component of your organisation’s digital transformation.
What is Digital Transformation for Fleets?
The digital transformation process is different for businesses across industries. When it comes to fleet operations it is focused on replacing manual paper-based processes with automated digital structures for a wide variety of activities, including driver logs, job management, proof of delivery, vehicle inspections and maintenance. By introducing digital processes you’re not only eliminating the amount of paper used in your business, but also creating less labor-intensive processes and empowering your business with real time information.
These benefits are driving the growth of the global digital transformation market, which is expected to grow at a compound rate of 23.6% every year between 2021 and 2028. Digital transformation is already having an impact on the transportation and logistics industries but 74% of transportation companies expect the transition to be a challenge, specifically when it comes to implementing new technology. However, many fleet operators already have the tools to start their digital journey within their vehicle tracking platforms.
Why Should Fleet Operators Embrace Digital Transformation?
Fleet operations face challenges over visibility, agility and sustainability and the implementation of digital processes can help them tackle each of these and drive tangible business benefits. Through effective digital transformation businesses will:
- Reduce costs: Fuel isn’t the only place where you’ll save money by implementing GPS vehicle tracking as part of your digital transformation. You’ll reduce labor costs by improving efficiency, maintenance costs by keeping preventative maintenance on schedule and may even cut your insurance costs by improving safety for your fleet.
- Improve service levels: There is nothing more frustrating for consumers than waiting around for the arrival of goods or services. Vehicle tracking not only allows you to keep your team on task and on target but also enables you to provide better communication to customers. More importantly, it allows you to create more accurate (and shorter) scheduled delivery and appointment windows, greatly increasing customer satisfaction.
- Increase driver/employee satisfaction: Digital transformation has huge benefits for drivers and other employees, helping them to do their job better and more efficiently. Having the latest technology installed in your organisation helps reduce the administrative burden and helps workers complete tasks quickly.
- Improve decision making: Because you have instant access to relevant information, you can make more informed and quicker decisions for your business. This would not be possible without quick and easy access to data that vehicle tracking and digital processes provide.
How Vehicle Tracking Can Support Your Digital Transformation
Your fleet’s digital transformation can be built around the right vehicle tracking software. Here are 5 key areas vehicle tracking software can help you digitally transform.
- Communication: The ability to communicate with drivers at all times via dedicated text messaging, including updating routes and providing driver coaching, without having to chase down the information.
- Job management: You can easily assign daily run sheets, manage ad-hoc requests, track job progress, and automate customer communication, keeping them informed and updated on delivery schedules.
- Digital record management: Centralize document management into a digital library that can be accessed by drivers at all times. This simplifies version control and ensures that records are accessible to all who need it. You can even trigger documents to be sent to drivers based on their activity, for example entering a specific customer site.
- Maintenance scheduling: The larger your fleet the harder it is to stay on target with maintenance. Vehicle tracking automates the maintenance scheduling process based on vehicle odometer readings or engine diagnostic codes, so you can stay on top of maintenance milestones and keep your fleet on the road.
- Digital Data Capture: Using digital forms and checklists simplifies the process of completing documents for your drivers and helps you to maintain accurate records that you can access instantly.
The Importance of Integration
Integrating your vehicle tracking software with third party apps is an essential component of your fleet’s digital transformation. It means that everyone who needs specific information has instant access to it. This saves time, eliminates unnecessary delays, and ensures that vital information is available to the right people within your organization. Our platform has an open API and a wide range of pre-configured integrations that enable you to connect the systems across your business.
The Support You Need for Your Digital Transformation Journey
The benefits of digital transformation are significant but the logistics of implementing digital change can be difficult without the right help. This is why Teletrac Navman offer a wide range of implementation support to make sure that its customers digital transform is a success.
See for yourself what a difference we can make for your profits, costs, customer satisfaction ratings and the efficiency of your entire organization. Contact Teletrac Navman today to begin your digital transformation.